with the socio-economic and cultural stakeholders of the Euroregion
in order to accompany the emergence of new professions
The Miro Master’s is a bilingual (French and Spanish) vocational degree in cultural tourism which is delivered through an online distance learning platform over two years. Upon completion, graduates receive a nationally accredited master’s degree.
The program is composed of skills-based modules which combine interdisciplinary knowledge with professional experience coming from the tourism and cultural heritage sectors. This format allows us to support students as they develop strong skills through project-based learning.
The purpose of the Miro Master in Cultural Tourism is to train students in cultural territorial development and in tourism strategies. Graduates are trained to take responsibility for developing, implementing, monitoring and assessing tourism development projects for the sustainable development of a given territory, taking into account the associated challenges and opportunities.
- Define a project using a multidimensional approach
- – Acquire a strong foundation in the field of cultural heritage, including its history and its subfields, and become acquainted with relevant institutional partners.
– Become familiar with relevant national and international legal constraints.
– Identify sources of funding, partnerships and dissemination channels for cultural projects.
- Understand the stakeholders and developments in tourism on a national and international level
- – Collect data from and identify cultural practices of a given territory in order to determine action strategies.
– Diagnose issues specific to a tourist destination.
– Asses the actions and the impact of cultural equipment or products as well as their incorporation into tourism programs and their economic repercussions.
- Implement project management for a cultural project
- – Perform an analysis of a territory, site or structure.
– Meet the expectations of diverse audiences, taking into account cross-cultural aspects.
– Design and incorporate mediation activities and actions for the promotion of tourism at cultural heritage sites (project development, development of communication tools).
– Master and incorporate information and communications technology into projects.
Registration fees for students in initial training: 500 euros per year or 1,000 euros for the entire master’s.
Registration fees for professional development students: contact us for an estimate (email@example.com)
Start of classes: 5 October 2020